I am powerless to resist the movie related meme. As is SO often the case, got this from Sheila. And I'm sure I'm leaving out oodles of great stuff but these are what popped to mind.
1. Name a movie that you have seen more than 10 times.
Girlfight • Strictly Ballroom • Under the Tuscan Sun • Der Krieger und Die Kaiserin • The Adventures of Buckaroo Bonzai Across the 8th Dimension • The Breakfast Club • Pretty In Pink • The Big Chill • Grosse Pointe Blank • Moonstruck • Alien • Empire Records • The Chronicles of Riddick • Pride and Prejudice - the 6 hour BBC Miniseries (not exactly a movie but...)
Labyrinth - when I was a preteen, my little sister and I begged my mother to rent this movie EVERY SINGLE WEEKEND. I have easily seen this film more than 50 times.
Dream a Little Dream - laugh all you want but I loved that movie. The main plot line is essentially an existential dilemma on the part of a old man who has switched bodies with a teenage boy who dresses like Michael Jackson. YES! I LOVE that movie.
2. Name a movie that you’ve seen multiple times in the theater.
Big Fish • A few of the Harry Potter Movies, they’re just better in the theater.
3. Name an actor that would make you more inclined to see a movie.
VINCENT D'ONOFRIO - He’s brilliant. One of the most talented actors working today. I’ve been a huge fan since LONG before his Law and Order days - although I very much enjoy him on L&O. Basically been following his career since he played Thor in Adventures in Babysitting - At the time I was a bit young to be watching Full Metal Jacket which I finally saw a few years later...
... but also Katherine Hepburn • Gene Wilder • Ewan McGregor • Meryl Streep • William H. Macy • Angelina Jolie • Natalie Portman • Peter O’Toole • Hugo Weaving • Jean Reno • Alan Richman • Takeshi Kaneshiro • Liv Tyler • Omar Sharif
4. Name an actor that would make you less likely to see a movie.
5. Name a movie that you can and do quote from.
Monty Python and Holy Grail (but then, who doesn’t?) • Army of Darkness • Grosse Pointe Blank • Steel Magnolias • Mirrormask - “I’m a very important man. I’ve got a tower.” • ...Too many to mention.
6. Name a movie musical that you know all of the lyrics to all of the songs
Seven Brides for Seven Brothers • Moulin Rouge • Chicago • Rocky Horror Picture Show • The Sound of Music • Mary Poppins (does this count as a musical?) • West Side Story • A Chorus Line
7. Name a movie that you have been known to sing along with
All of the above. Other than musicals? The Legend of Billie Jean. The theme is Pat Benetar’s "Invincible". Cannot watch that movie and not sing along.
8. Name a movie that you would recommend everyone see.
The Big Chill - If you cannot appreciate the Big Chill then I’m fairly certain there is something wrong with you.
9. Name a movie that you own.
Most of the movies listed here. Breakfast at Tiffany's. Little Voice. Muriel's Wedding. Adam's Rib. Woman of the Year. The House of Yes. A Life Less Ordinary. The Alien Quadrilogy. And I have Chorus Line and Buckaroo Bonzai on VHS in their original oldskool huge plastic packaging.
10. Name an actor that launched his/her entertainment career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops.
Tom Waits - hmmm... Not sure this counts. I wasn’t ever surprised, really. I’ve always thought of him as a singer/songwriter and actor simultaneously. But he can do anything. I think brilliant creativity bubbles up inside of him and seeps out of his skin like cigarette scented fairy dust.
11. Have you ever seen a movie in a drive-in? If so, what?
Sleeping With the Enemy - freaked me out
12. Ever made out in a movie?
Yes, but not since I was 17.
13. Name a movie that you keep meaning to see but just haven’t yet gotten around to it.
Amores Perros • Thank You For Smoking • Deliverance
14. Ever walked out of a movie?
The Last Kiss - It was so disappointing that I really had to leave or just start screaming, “Decide what kind of movie you are!” and “Why Zach, Why?” and then beat my head against the seat in front of me until I became bloody and unconcious.... So I decided to get up and leave.
15. Name a movie that made you cry in the theater.
Most recently? Children of Men. Brilliant. Haunting.
Life As a House - actually made me sob loudly and as soon as it was over I went out the exit door and called my father crying and completely freaked him out. He thought something was wrong and I had great difficulty explaining why a movie made me cry that hard and call him to tell him I loved him.
17. How often do you go to the movies (as opposed to renting them or watching them at home)?
I used to go a few times a month but lately I’m too busy. Rent frequently.
18. What’s the last movie you saw in the theater?
Stranger than Fiction
19. What’s your favorite/preferred genre of movie?
Smart, Absurd Humor / Dark Humor
20. What’s the first movie you remember seeing in the theater?
21. What is the weirdest movie you enjoyed?
The City of Lost Children - LOVE that film.
22. What is the scariest movie you’ve seen?
A.I. - I found it terrifying to sit there watching these atrocities taking place in a fictional future and thinking to myself, “That could happen.”
23. What is the funniest movie you’ve seen?
Happy Texas • Little Miss Sunshine • The Princess Bride