Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Words Meme

Snagged this meme here at The Sheila Variations. I’m not big on the whole meme thing but I LOVE words.

Words that always look misspelled to me:
throughout

Words I enjoy saying:
dreadful
absolutely
fantastic
brilliant


Words I enjoy hearing:
gorgeous
splendid
pugnacious
skinny
poof!


Abbreviations I dislike:
ppl as shorthand for People
...and I don’t like acronyms

Proper nouns I enjoy:
Fitzpatrick
Rumplestiltskin
Violent Femmes
Milwaukee


Words I associate with happiness:
library
bubbles
effervescent
irresistible


Words I always misspell:
hallelujah
throughout
believe


Words I enjoy spelling correctly, every time:
knowledge (just because I have this crystal clear memory of being able to spell it when I was very very young and - at the time - being incredibly pleased with myself)
Mississippi (because it’s fun to spell out loud)

Words that, though I love their meaning, I’m too embarrassed to say out loud:
Not sure anything fits that description, I’ll say just about anything.

Words I can never remember the meaning of no matter how many times I look them up:
hyperbole

Words that sound like what they mean:
delicious
licketysplit
ruminate


Words that sound like something other than what they mean:
vagina
shoe
gravy
hippopotamus


What are some of your favorite words?
pugnacious
thingy
whatchamacallit
immaculate
tenacious
newt


Your least favorite?
wait
misogynist
vomit
harridan
inconceivable

No comments:

Post a Comment