Monday, October 01, 2007

The Ageless Project

The website I am most recently fascinated with is "The Ageless Project," a site that links to widely varied participating blogs - all organized by the decade in which the blogger was born. It was brought to my attention after I made the aquaintance - online - of Savtadotty, a lovely lady whose blog is at Cousin Lucy's Spoon and has a link to The Ageless Project. I have barely begun to explore the various blogs linked to the project but my favorite find thus far has been Goldendaze. Goldendaze is the blog of a 74 year old woman living in South Carolina and in recent posts she recounts her memories of the McCarthy trials, seeing Fantasia as a child when it was first released in '41 and what airports were like in the 50's as well as musing on things more current in her life, like a woman she met in her AA meeting who had a profound impact on her. I'm absolutely hooked.

I know the Ageless project also links to blogs written by people my age and on down to young teens (the youngest is 13), but right now I am most fascinated with reading the first hand perspective of people who remember things that happened long before I was born.

“The process of maturing is an art to be learned, an effort to be sustained. By the age of fifty you have made yourself what you are, and if it is good, it is better than your youth.”
- Marya Mannes

No comments:

Post a Comment